An Honest Review: Sakura Meal - Ebi Burger at McDo Philippines

We don't usually eat at fast-foods anymore but when Mc Donald's Philippines introduced their Japanese-inspired menu, it's definitely an exemption! Their Flavors of Japan menu comprises of what they branded as Sakura meals with a choice of either Ebi Burger or Samurai Teriyaki Burger together with Nori Fries and Strawberry Sakura Float. The Sakura meal costs Php 206.00 but you can also buy items on their menu individually.


Whenever I see food from Mc Donald's Japan on social media, I always wish that Mc Donald's Philippines could serve food as interesting as Japan's and so I was looking forward to trying the menu items upon knowing that Mc Donald's Philippines will bring in Japanese-inspired menu.

Ebi Burger 

Right at the moment I saw their Ebi Burger, I instantly got excited because of the feel that the packaging is giving but when I opened it and saw the burger, it looks just okay. It looks similar to their Filet O' Fish. The Ebi burger has black and white sesame seeds on the bun. Its serving size is okay but not for my husband, according to him, it's BITIN.

When it comes to its taste, I was actually not expecting much but it surprised me. I thought the shrimp patty will taste too artificial but it did not and in fact, it contains real shrimps. Upon biting into it, you'll feel chunks of the shrimp. The taste is right, you'll taste the sweetness of the shrimp while it matches the mayo dressing well.

If you're going to ask me if I'd order it again, my answer is YES! This is my favorite at Mc Donald's now but if Mc Donald's phased this out, I'll go back with Fillet O' Fish, LOL.

I'd rate it 8/10!

Price: PHP 133- Ala Carte, PHP 159- Regular Meal (with soda and regular fries) and PHP 206- Sakura Meal (with Sakura Float and Nori Fries)

Nori Shake Shake Fries

I was very eager to try Mc Do's Nori Fries but I was a bit disappointed. It lacks Nori taste, I'm not sure if it's just me but it tastes more like Kani (crab sticks). It tastes good but I'd still pick the Honey Butter Shake-Shake fries or just go with a regular McDo fries.

I'd rate it 7/10.

Price: PHP 60- Regular, PHP 89- Large,
PHP 149- BFF 

Strawberry Sakura Float

It is straight out strawberry soda float. There's nothing special about Strawberry Sakura Float. To be honest, it's just the color that made me want to try it and I'd still choose the classic Coke Mc Float (but I'd rather not because I'm on diet, jk.).

I'd rate it 6/10. My husband rated it a 6/10 as well.

Price: PHP 38


Is it worth the hype? 

Not that much, though I'm pretty sure McDo Philippines' sales will skyrocket because of the hype. Overall,  it's not too bad but it's not that good either. It was the Ebi burger who made it worthy enough for me to try the Sakura Meal. I would recommend you to try the Sakura meal for the sake of experience only. I'd rate my overall experience 7/10.

I have a Youtube Channel, CLICK HERE to subscribe!


Comments