Spicy Pork Stew with a TWIST!

After our family reunion, my mom gave us a lot of Lechon, most Filipinos cook Lechong Paksiw out of it. Lechong Paksiw is a Lechon dish that is cooked with a sweet sauce (most Filipinos use Mang Tomas sauce) and vinegar. Although Lechong Paksiw is delicious, my husband and I were not a fan of it and so since I still have ingredients that I bought from a Korean store, I decided to spice it up and cook Dwaejigogi-jjigae out of my Lechon!

Dwaejigogi-jjigae is a Korean spicy pork stew. Although it is spicy, it can be refreshing and revitalizing. In this recipe, since I'm cooking it with a Pinoy twist, I used red onions instead of green onions and as for the chilies, since Korean green chilies are hard to find here in Philippines, I used siling pansigang, it's also a green chili anyway. I did not add much seasoning on this recipe because the Lechon is already flavorful and well seasoned.


SPICY PORK STEW RECIPE

Serves: 2 persons
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes


Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbs., Sesame Oil
  • 1 Tbs., Garlic, chopped
  • 100 grams, Lechon, chunks
  • 2-3 cups, Pork broth 
  • 2 Tbs., Gochujang (Korean fermented red pepper paste)
  • 1 1/2 tsp.,  Doenjang (Korean fermented soy bean paste)
  • 1 tsp., Gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes)
  • 100 grams, tofu, sliced
  • 1 Red Onion or Shallots, sliced
  • 1 green chili, sliced

Procedure:

  1. On a stone pot, add sesame oil and saute garlic and lechon on low to medium heat.
  2. Pour in the pork broth and add the gochujang, doenjang and gochugaru, stir and bring it into a boil.
  3. Add in tofu, red onion and green chili, stir lightly. Check the consistency of the soup, if it gets too thick add some water. Let it boil for a minute and you're done!
Easy right?

Watch the recipe video on Youtube and don't forget to LIKE & SUBSCRIBE! 

Comments